We love our pets, but sometimes with pets come accidents. Removing pets stains requires a two-step process. One step to get rid of the spot and another step to get rid of the odor.
To clean a pet stain from carpet here’s what you need:
- Clean white towels
- An empty spray bottle
- Cold water
- Liquid dishwashing detergent
- Hydrogen peroxide
- White vinegar
- Start by filling an empty spray bottle with hydrogen peroxide. Spray the stain.
- Using a clean towel, absorb as much of the liquid as you can before it penetrates the carpet pad or subflooring.
- Then, mix a solution using 2 cups of water and 1 teaspoon of liquid dish soap in an empty spray bottle. Spray bottles are great because they keep you from oversaturating the carpet.
- Spray the area with the solution. Then, allow it to sit for 1-2 minutes.
- Blot with a white towel.
- Next, you’ll want to flush the area with clean cold water and blot it until dry.
- Finally, flush the area once more, but this time with white vinegar. And blot up as much of the vinegar as you can.
- Let the area dry completely before walking on it.